Getting out of bed in the morning is hard.
You move through your day feeling like a shell of the person you once were.
What happened to all those things that brought you joy? You don’t care anymore.
You feel alone. You just want to stay in bed all day, even though you can’t sleep. Everything hurts.
You don’t feel motivated to do anything. Your relationships, jobs, family, are all suffering. You wonder if you should give up.
This is depression. It strips away the parts of you that make you YOU and leaves you feeling worthless, overwhelmed, and defeated. It can take on a life of its own.
Symptoms of Depression include:
- Feelings of sadness, tearfulness, emptiness or hopelessness
- Angry outbursts, irritability or frustration, even over small matters
- Loss of interest or pleasure in most or all normal activities, such as sex, hobbies or sports
- Sleep disturbances, including insomnia or sleeping too much
- Tiredness and lack of energy, so even small tasks take extra effort
- Reduced appetite and weight loss or increased cravings for food and weight gain
- Anxiety, agitation or restlessness
- Slowed thinking, speaking or body movements
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt, fixating on past failures or self-blame
- Trouble thinking, concentrating, making decisions and remembering things
- Frequent or recurrent thoughts of death, suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts or suicide
- Unexplained physical problems, such as back pain or headaches
Even though you feel like it, you are not alone. More than 17 million Americans feel the same way.
But, you don’t have to feel this way forever. You can be happy again. You can get back to your life and relationships. You can find fulfillment, joy, and confidence.
We can help.
Depression can be scary and we understand. At Curae we work with clients on a plan that works for their individual life. We use therapeutic approaches to help reset thought patterns and end the depression cycle, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), which involves replacing unhealthy, irrational thoughts with a healthy and adaptive thought process, freeing depression suffers from unhelpful patterns. More About CBT
Depression does not own you. There are many options available to once again find hope in your life.
Our counselors can help you sort out environmental, biological, and circumstantial factors while offering support and care through a very dark time in your life. If you are wanting to finally lighten this load and feel like yourself again, we are here for you.