When you are struggling with something in your life it is easy to feel like you are all alone but often that is not true. There are usually many other people struggling with the same thing. Group therapy provides a sense of community and connects you with others who understand your struggle. It is also a great choice for those who are intimidated by individual therapy.
Curae offers groups for all ages, led by licensed therapists who share evidence-based practices. Topics cover a wide range from teenage issues and setting boundaries to functional nutrition and coping during COVID-19. Rates vary and topics are sent out through email. You can sign up for our emails here: LINK
What to expect in group therapy
Participants in group sessions are expected to share their thoughts and experiences with the whole group. This allows each participant to support one another.
Group therapy is designed to help you learn more about yourself, feel supported, and gain the skills to improve your everyday life. Tools and tips will be shared by licensed mental health professionals so that you can apply them to your day-to-day. We want you to know you are not alone.
Should you consider group therapy?
- Do you keep worrying about the same problem over and over?
- Do you wish you could trust someone with your secret struggle?
- Do you want to stop feeling so alone in what you’re going through?
- Are you interested in therapy, but want to try something lower pressure than individual therapy?
- Do you wish you felt more understood by others?
- Are you looking for expert help in improving your life?
If you answered yes to any of these, a group session might a great fit.